Chess and Poker Forums    

Go Back   Game Forums > Chess and Poker Game Forums > ChessandPoker.com Help Desk

Old 07-13-2008, 06:35 PM
New Member (0-19 Posts)

Default rubiks cube help

i cant seem to figure out what to do with step 4 and up, ive read it lots of times but i cant figure out whats wrong and also on the mini cube on step 4 is wrong, im pretty sure it is impossible to have the orange faclet there unless the top faclet is white or you switch the white and orange faclet.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:31 PM
ChessandPoker.com Owner

hi hyper94120 welcome to the forums.

if you have everything solved correctly after step #3, you'll have two rows completely solved and will have just turned the entire cube upside down so that the blue top is now the bottom.

the purpose of step #4 is to get the Red corner cubies in place (on our cube, the red-green-WHITE cubie goes on the corner where the red and white side meets and the red-green-YELLOW cubie goes where the red and yellow sides meet) as well as the orange cubies. I'm using the newer version of the cube in our guide, so if you have a different version the exact colors may be different, but there will be two red/green/x corners and two orange/green/x corners regardless.

it's useful to note that we're not trying to finish these corners in step #4, that comes in step #5. the only thing we're doing is moving them to the correct location so they can be flipped around in the next step. the mini-cube example is the actual cube I was solving when I worked through the guide so it indeed is possible. the orange/green/white cubie is in place (but not yet solved) and is ready to proceed to step #5 as soon as the other three corners are in their proper place.

if you have any more questions, just let us know. good luck solving!