Chess and Poker Forums    

Go Back   Game Forums > Chess and Poker Game Forums > ChessandPoker.com Questions and Forum Help Desk

Old 06-28-2009, 04:01 PM
New Member (0-19 Posts)

Exclamation Rubiks Cube Step 5 Problem

I solve one corner with the algorithm, move onto the next corner and solve that one, only to find that the one i solved before the last one is now unsolved, What am i doing wrong
Old 06-30-2009, 12:14 AM
ChessandPoker.com Owner

Hi arcallen

In Step 5 we'll actually be flipping all of the top four corners "up" at the same time. It may take a few attempts, but as long as you apply the algorithm in Step 5 to any of the three configurations shown, the four top corners will eventually flip up all at once! as the guide suggests, though, make sure to find at least two different configurations. otherwise, you'll just get stuck.

if you have any more questions, feel free to ask
Old 07-02-2009, 08:04 AM
New Member (0-19 Posts)

once again i am having problems with step 5, i have the top and bottom configaraion to start with, i do the algorithm 4,6,8 times and still have only 2 of the corners flipped HELP!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:21 PM
ChessandPoker.com Owner

you only need to find one of the configurations in Step 5, apply the algorithm and then find another configuration that results after the first application. for example, there are three configurations you're looking for. let's say the top configuration is found, and holding the cube correctly (the cube is held so that the front is correct as shown, labeled "front") the Step 5 algorithm is applied. now, two results are possible. either the four corners are flipped up correctly (woot) or you'll be able to find a second configuration. to do the second application of the algorithm, hold the cube correctly as shown in the diagram and apply the algorithm. that should do the trick!

just be sure that you're holding the cube so that the face labeled "front" is actually on the front. it's easy when you're just learning to want to hold the cube with the green stickers in our example on the front, whereas in the middle and bottom configurations the notable stickers are actually on the right-hand side of the cube as you're holding it.

let me know if you're still stuck, don't worry you'll be solving the cube soon!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:50 PM
New Member (0-19 Posts)

Hi Chessandpoker

I followed your instructions and had only 2 corners flipped and no matter how many times I do the algorithm i get the same result, when locating the configaration does one have to move the top layer round to the front if the figaration is on the other side of the cube top????

Cheers

Frustrated
Old 07-05-2009, 02:53 AM
ChessandPoker.com Owner

If you post a pic of your cube I can take a look for you!