Chess and Poker Forums    

Go Back   Game Forums > Chess and Poker Game Forums > ChessandPoker.com Help Desk

Old 04-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Full Member (100+)

Default Carcassonne tips?

Any chance on a Carcassonne strategy guide? I need help with my Farmers
Old 04-12-2007, 11:06 PM
ChessandPoker.com Owner

Default Crackassonne!

Yes. I should have the Carcassonne Strategy Guide finished in the next few months. I have to figure out a way to keep you from using it against me though...I'm thinking "password protected" That game is a bit too addictive.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Contributing Member (20-99)

Isearched and found this link . I am sure it will surely be a sort of help for you .
Quote:
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcassonne_(board_game)[/url]
Old 03-28-2008, 03:49 AM
Full Member (100+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishesandlaundry View Post
Any chance on a Carcassonne strategy guide? I need help with my Farmers
I will suggest several things:
1. Don't play with too many expansions for the game. Maybe one or two, and make sure you don't have too many tiles in.
2. The game is a game of luck, with risk evaluation. Whenever you put a Meeple down, you are wagering to maximize your output.
3. With roads, cities and monastaries, it best to focus on one at a time. You actually want to have a meeple on one of each, so whatever tile you draw will advance your score. If you end up having too many roads going, you will have problems maximizing scores.
4. As for farmers, how are you scoring them? There are various scoring methods. Depending on whether you score fields or cities will vary what you are doing. As with all parts, the object is to at least be tied with someone, preferably having more. What else are you having problems with here regarding the farms?

One thing, the game is a light game, and the depth is in risk assessment. If you can have a feel for what might be left, it should help with planning. I will say that farms do tie up your meeples through the entire game, so it is best not to do too many. I would say similar with the monastaries.