Chess and Poker Forums    

Go Back   Game Forums > Chess and Poker Game Forums > ChessandPoker.com Questions and Forum Help Desk

Old 09-30-2010, 03:12 AM
New Member (0-19 Posts)

Default Solution to Rubik's Cube

Hi,

I'm lost on step one!

The second diagram has 3 corners solved doesn't match my cube after I prime it which is as shown on the very first diagram. The first step I do after priming the cube, I end up with just 2 corners solved.

I've tried turning the entire cube 45 degrees to the left, and then 180 degrees to the left. The best I can do is:

45 degrees is: Blue on Top; Red on the Face; and White to the Left.

180 degrees : Blue on Top; Red to the Left; and White on the Back Face.

I either have a partial diagonal going at:

45 degrees:

R G Y
G B Y
B W O

180 degrees

B G R
W B G
O Y Y

Thank You. Dennis

[email]dgiansante@verizon.net[/email]
Old 10-01-2010, 07:15 PM
ChessandPoker.com Owner

Hi Dennis, sorry for my tardiness!

Your cube has the American color scheme, which is the same as the cube in our guide. Priming the cube is just a way to start off our solve with one corner solved, but you can actually just solve it like the other three corners as in step #1.

Simply hold your cube so that Blue is the top face, White is the front face and Red is the Right face. Maneuver the Red/White/Blue corner into position either in the bottom row (cases 1, 2 and 3) or the correct but unsolved position (cases 4 and 5) and solve it using the appropriate algorithm. Solve the other 3 corners in the same fashion and then proceed to step #2.

let me know if this helps!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:43 PM
New Member (0-19 Posts)

Default Solution to Rubik's Cube

Hi,

After algorithm 1, I end up with a Blue diagonal:

B
B
B

not what I see:

B B
B
B

Dennis

Last edited by dgiansante; 10-03-2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: The two diagrams don't come as diagonals, and reverse diagonal + one
Old 10-03-2010, 07:14 PM
New Member (0-19 Posts)

Default Solution to Rubik's Cube.

My last post didn't show my diagram correctly when I pressed post. What I get after algorithm 1 on top is a Blue diagonal such as:

Blue cubie/? cubie/? cubie
? cubie/Blue cubie/? cubie
? cubie/? cubie/Blue cubie

The diagram shown on the solutions page is:

Blue cubie/? cubie/Blue cubie
? cubie/Blue cubie/? cubie
Blue cubie/? cubie/? cubie

How can it be if I followed the exact directions, and I did, I'm getting something different?

Dennis
Old 10-04-2010, 05:15 AM
New Member (0-19 Posts)

Default Non - Solutions to Rubik's Cube

Hi,

After trying every supposed solution on 22 pages of Google, not a single one was helpful. My cube would always look different from their diagram, even though I followed their directions.

There has to be an easy step by step guide somewhere, that will work.

I'm just about to place my cube on a tree stump and smash it with a sledge hammer.

Dennis
Old 10-04-2010, 10:47 AM
ChessandPoker.com Owner

could you post a pic of your cube? In some cases the cubies have been removed/replaced incorrectly.

In Step #1, Alg #1 we would be solving the final blue corner out of four in the top layer, and the corner cubie would be on the bottom row with the blue sticker on the right side of the cube (Position #1, otherwise we would have to use another alg based on its location). once we performed Alg #1 it would be place into it's correct solved position in the top layer. there are 5 different unsolved locations for the top color, and 5 different algorithms for each location of the top color sticker. in this beginners method we are solving each cubie, one at a time, in the first few steps.

post up a pic if you're still stuck and I'll be glad to take a look!
Old 10-07-2010, 02:50 AM
New Member (0-19 Posts)

Default Solution to Rubik's Cube.

Hi,

I don't have a digital camera so I'm unable to post a picture.

Can you do this. Tell me how to get each corner cube into position one at a time. This way, I'll have the center cube and one corner cube. Then tell me exactly how to place the second corner cube into position, and tell me if the total three cubes are in a diagonal or top left, center, top right. Then tell me how to get the fourth cube into a corner. Please let me know exactly which corner. Last tell me how to get the fifth cube into a corner.

Thank You.