Chess and Poker Forums    

Go Back   Game Forums > Chess and Poker Game Forums > ChessandPoker.com Help Desk

Old 01-19-2011, 03:33 PM
New Member (0-19 Posts)

Default Rubik's cube step 3

In the diagrams and text you seem to be assuming that when the first side is complete(all blue), there will be the top row complete on the other sides and that half Ts can be formed by just twisting the middles. I've completed the blue side many times and have never had a full row on any of the others.
Have I done something fundamentally wrong in completing the first(blue) side?
Thanks.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:47 AM
ChessandPoker.com Owner

Hi haynes! Sorry for the tardy reply but I was away on business for a few days.

After Step #2 in the Rubiks Cube Guide we should have the top layer completely solved. In our example, the top layer is blue. If the top layer is complete, we simply turn the middle layer around until the center cubies match up correctly with the appropriate top layer colors. In Step #3 our example shows red on the front and yellow on the right side, with the middle layer cubies correctly turned to align with the top layer.

After this formality, we will then follow the remaining directions in Step #3 to complete the middle edges. We first complete the top layer in the first two steps, and then complete the middle layer in the third step.

Let me know if you have any more questions!