|Chess and Poker Forums|
Forum Rules and Guidelines
The Golden Rule
LIMIT THE NEGATIVITY. I'm a positive person and if I see members behaving in a consistently negative manner (berating, complaining, undermining) I will review their comments and if applicable drop the Ban hammer. Please report behavior of this kind via PM to chessandpoker if you come across it. And please ->
1. Use common sense.
2. Be considerate of the other members.
3. Do not engage in any type of harassment.
4. Stay on-topic, with posts pertaining to the original posters topic.
5. Keep posts to a reasonable length. Excessively long posts will be edited/deleted.
6. AVOID LIVE LINKS! We may edit/delete links to other websites if we so choose at any time.
7. Promotional links, "Link Drops" and links not pertaining to the post topic will be deactivated or removed.
General Vbulletin FAQs
General Forum Usage - User Profile Features - Reading and Posting Messages
1. You agree to assume full responsibility for any material you post, and to not knowingly post content or links to content that violates the copyright or other intellectual property right of any third party.
2. You agree to indemnify ChessandPoker.com, its employees, agents, and affiliates from any and all claims and/or damages (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
3. We shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the forums to determine compliance with all sections of this Agreement and any other operating rules established by us.
4. ChessandPoker.com reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to edit, refuse to post, remove, or otherwise alter any material submitted to or posted on our forums. Without limiting the foregoing, we shall have the right to remove any material that we, in our sole discretion, find to be in violation of this agreement or inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent. Notwithstanding all of the foregoing, users remain solely responsible for the content of their messages.
5. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user's privilege to post content in our discussion forums. Banned members who re-register with new accounts will have those accounts deactivated without notice. Repeated attempts may result in our contacting your ISP with a complaint.
6. You understand and agree that ChessandPoker.com is not responsible for any content posted by third parties. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, or any other user of the forums, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not the ChessandPoker.com site.
7. You acknowledge and agree that you use and/or rely on any information obtained through the discussion forums at your own risk. The disclaimer of liability contained in this section applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
8. Each user specifically acknowledges that we are not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of third parties, subscribers, members or other users of the forums and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with each user.
9. You understand and agree that you may not solicit funds, promote commercial entities or otherwise engage in commercial activity in the forums, including via private messages.
10. For any content that you post, you hereby grant to ChessandPoker.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part, world-wide and to incorporate it in other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
Contacting a Forum Administrator
You may contact the site administrator via Private Message or utilize our site contact page at your convenience.
Please enjoy the forums!
Questions/Concerns? Private Message me and I'll be glad to help!