Chess and Poker Forums    

Go Back   Game Forums > Chess and Poker Game Forums > ChessandPoker.com Help Desk

Old 01-05-2008, 10:08 AM
New Member (0-19 Posts)

Default Rubik's cube problem

Hi! I am going crazy, please could you help me, I seem to keep going wrong with step #2's 3rd algorithm. All that happens is the blue that started in the centre at the top just moves. The blue facelet in postion 3 doesn't move into position. What am I doing wrong?
Old 01-05-2008, 11:00 AM
ChessandPoker.com Owner

Hi Alex and welcome to the forums!

Hmm. The blue center on the top should never move out of position at any time.

1. does you cube, after step #1, match the mini-cube at the end of step #1 (which makes a blue X on the top)?

2. are you following the notation correctly? when you move the middle row make sure you're turning the top and/or bottom rows back after turning the middle row as described in the notation explanation. also, the looping notation graphics indicate you'll be turning the entire front face of the cube instead of any columns or rows for the move. this is also covered in the notation explanation.

3. are you using the original guide located here and not a copied version?

i'll be back later to check if you're still having troubles!
Old 01-06-2008, 11:56 PM
New Member (0-19 Posts)

Ok, made it work by re-jigging some cubies. I managed to get the top row right all the way round and obviously the top face without having to use the third algorithm at all - which I still can't make work! Thanks for getting back so soon by the way, my obsessiveness was totally mincing my brain!
Old 01-07-2008, 12:30 AM
New Member (0-19 Posts)

Ok, next question: in order to put the Ts in place, should the top face (blue as from the beginning) be disrupted and need to be corrected at any point? because the left and right algorithms are disrupting a corner facelet and an edge facelet on the top blue face.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:43 AM
ChessandPoker.com Owner

The blue top is only temporarily disrupted during the Step 3 algorithms, but at the end of the left and right sequence it is always restored.

1. once you have the top layer finished, have you turned the centers around to match up with the top layer (starting the T)?

2. are you performing the looping arrow notation graphics correctly? to perform the looping arrow move to the left or right you should only be turning the front face, the nine cubies that make up the front of the cube, and it's only turned one notch to the right or left.

hang in there and let me know if that does the trick!

Old 07-17-2008, 09:06 AM
HughAlb

Default Rubik's cube problem

Hello friend,
I managed to get the top row right all the way round and obviously the top face without having to use the third algorithm at all - which I still can't make work! Thanks for getting back so soon by the way, my obsessiveness was totally mincing my brain! Also for those asking about my [URL="http://northlondonparachute.wordpress.com/2008/09/24/failed-skydive-at-nlpc/"]failed skydive[/URL], yes it was held at the north london parachute centre. How depressing
Thanks,
:holdhands:

Last edited by HughAlb; 09-25-2008 at 05:29 PM.