Chess and Poker Forums    

Go Back   Game Forums > Chess and Poker Game Forums > Community Discussions

Old 03-18-2015, 03:51 AM
Full Member (100+)

Default The case for playing poker (even without winning money)

I did this video for my YouTube channel, on why Poker is worth playing, even if you don't play for money:

This is the URL for the video: [url]https://youtu.be/1g4rgcDqfi8[/url]

Old 03-18-2015, 04:24 PM
ChessandPoker.com Owner

Hey Rich, good to see you!

Poker is actually a very approachable game for most people, even without the money element. Nice game to break out on holidays and such.

I'll check out the rest of the videos, looks like you're covering some old school Atari games too
Old 03-18-2015, 09:06 PM
Full Member (100+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessandpoker View Post
Hey Rich, good to see you!

Poker is actually a very approachable game for most people, even without the money element. Nice game to break out on holidays and such.

I'll check out the rest of the videos, looks like you're covering some old school Atari games too
The Atari stuff is under the Atari 8-bit computer platform playlist. One thing I am doing different than others who do videos like that, is to point people to where they can play the games online.

I did also go back and add a link to this site on there. My initial thought was mainly the most direct reference, but I figured I would give this site a shoutout in the description.

Currently, I am doing a how to play video, one per week for my games, and also the Mutator Monday for universal variants. I am also going to sprinkle in various videos, like the poker one, on why some games are worth looking into. My big project videowise is the Tropes vs Players series I have in mind.

I am not going around as much as I could to sites like yours, and others, because I am job hunting and so on, and trying to get content up. I am currently not doing anything with IAGO either.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:34 AM
New Member (0-19 Posts)

Poker is a good game to play with the friends, but it is not necessary that you use money all the time.