|Chess and Poker Forums|
Forum Rules, Guidelines and Assorted Cool Stuff
The Golden Rule
LIMIT THE NEGATIVITY. I'm a positive person and if I see members behaving in a consistently negative manner (berating, complaining, undermining) I will review their comments and if applicable drop the Ban hammer. Please report behavior of this kind via PM to chessandpoker if you come across it. And please ->
1. Use common sense.
2. Be considerate of the other members.
3. Do not engage in any type of harassment.
4. Stay on-topic, with posts pertaining to the original posters topic.
5. Keep posts to a reasonable length. Excessively long posts will be edited/deleted.
6. AVOID LIVE LINKS! We may edit/delete links to other websites if we so choose at any time.
7. Promotional links, "Link Drops" and links not pertaining to the post topic will be deactivated or removed.
General Vbulletin FAQs
General Forum Usage - User Profile Features - Reading and Posting Messages
1. You agree to assume full responsibility for any material you post, and to not knowingly post content or links to content that violates the copyright or other intellectual property right of any third party.
2. You agree to indemnify ChessandPoker.com, its employees, agents, and affiliates from any and all claims and/or damages (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
3. We shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the forums to determine compliance with all sections of this Agreement and any other operating rules established by us.
4. ChessandPoker.com reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to edit, refuse to post, remove, or otherwise alter any material submitted to or posted on our forums. Without limiting the foregoing, we shall have the right to remove any material that we, in our sole discretion, find to be in violation of this agreement or inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent. Notwithstanding all of the foregoing, users remain solely responsible for the content of their messages.
5. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user's privilege to post content in our discussion forums. Banned members who re-register with new accounts will have those accounts deactivated without notice. Repeated attempts may result in our contacting your ISP with a complaint.
6. You understand and agree that ChessandPoker.com is not responsible for any content posted by third parties. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, or any other user of the forums, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not the ChessandPoker.com site.
7. You acknowledge and agree that you use and/or rely on any information obtained through the discussion forums at your own risk. The disclaimer of liability contained in this section applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
8. Each user specifically acknowledges that we are not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of third parties, subscribers, members or other users of the forums and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with each user.
9. You understand and agree that you may not solicit funds, promote commercial entities or otherwise engage in commercial activity in the forums, including via private messages.
10. For any content that you post, you hereby grant to ChessandPoker.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part, world-wide and to incorporate it in other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
Contacting a Forum Administrator
You may contact the site administrator via Private Message or utilize our site contact page at your convenience.
Please enjoy the forums!
Forum Information / Helpful Stuff
Watch Live Chess!
ChessandPoker.com visitors may now watch LIVE Chess games right here on the ChessandPoker.com Forum! And the best part? It's free!!
1. Click "Extras" on the navigation bar at the top of every forum page. A drop-down menu will appear.
2. Click the "Capablanca Room" to enter the viewing area.
3. If Live Video Coverage is available for the featured event, it will be displayed at the top of the page.
4. The ChessArena app should always appear, either under the live window or by itself. Using most of the applicable features is self-explanatory, but here are some helpful tips:
a) Click on the game you'd like to watch from the ChessArena window on the right, which lists the current games in progress.
b) To select a different game, click the link just above the player icons and ratings which says, "See all games". This returns you to the previous screen.
c) Clicking around in the ChessArena app will NOT disrupt the live video feed, if applicable.
The ChessArena app provides LIVE COMPUTER ANALYSIS that shows whether or not the software judges the moves to be Optimal, Weak or downright bad. They even have ALL THREE of the strongest chess engines available to view analysis lines from, easily selectable from the software. Pretty cool stuff!!
TapaTalk Forum App
We are pleased to announce that the Chess and Poker Dot Com Forums are now available for streamlined browsing via the Tapatalk Forum App for your iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7, Blackberry and Nokia!
1. Download the Tapatalk App for your device.
2. Search "Chess and Poker Forums" under Network (or similar search location).
3. Login and enjoy our Forums in a much more convenient layout for the mobile web!
YouTube Video Posting
You may now post YouTube videos directly into your forum posts!
1. Click the YouTube icon when you're creating/editing your posts (far right hand side of the editor options).
2. Insert the YouTube video code (not the full URL) in between the youtube tags and Preview or Submit your post.
For example, let's say you want to post this video: youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0 (video code in BOLD)
Well, that just looks kinda boring...let's make it into an actual video we can watch. To do so, simply create a new post, give it a title like "teh awesomest vid eva" (or edit an existing post) and then click the icon in the editor options.
Then, insert ONLY THE VIDEO CODE between the [ youtube ] tags (without any spaces obv) and preview your post. We gots us a video up in there now! Remember, we only need the video code from the youtube link (the oHg5SJYRHA0 in our example) and not the full url address.
Pretty cool, eh? Give it a try, just remember not to violate the Forum Rules with your content selections
HOF Threads: Hall of Fame for Awesomest Threads
I'll use this space for keeping track of the top threads ever in the ChessandPoker.com forums. These threads either received a ton of attention or featured some exceptional information.
Al Jr Hits the Biggest Jackpot Eva
A very nice gentleman creates an account on our humble forum to detail how he used our Jacks or Better Strategy Guide to take down a ginormous jackpot. He banked $40,000 after nailing his first Royal Flush on a high-limit machine!
DishesandLaundry Starts a Yahtzee High Score-A-Thon
It all started out simply enough: dishesandlaundry posts her high score on HandHeld Yahtzee and challenges me to beat it. Which I obv do Then the entirety of the interwebs crushes us both with staggering high scores of their own. The thread indirectly becomes the semi-official listing of the greatest Hand Held Yahtzee High Scores of all time, with members posting pictorial proof to boot. Awesome!